In God’s Hands by Paul C. Ross

Paul Ross is my oldest friend.  We lived on the same block and hung out together all through childhood.  I can’t remember a time when he wasn’t a part of my life.  He was a couple of years older, and I followed him from Long Island to college in Western Pennsylvania, where I met my wife Jonna.  So we would never had met if not for Paul!

He’s a truly talented and creative Photoshop artist…and has a wicked sense of humor. But can also be wonderfully poignant, as you can see.  Here’s a piece he’s done for us in the last few days.

Photoshop art by Paul C. Ross

As kids growing up, Paul was the most talented artist I knew.  I’ve also included another recent hand-drawn (feather by feather!) piece of digital art, created on a Wacom tablet and in Photoshop.  The subjects are two blue hyacinth macaw parrots.  He’s just amazing!

Blue Hyacinth Macaw  Parrots by Paul C. Ross

Paul and his life partner, Fran, lost their own “best buddy,” Dozer, an incredibly sweet and beautiful Great Dane-German Shepherd mix, a few years ago.  They understand the pain, as so many of us do.

Thank you, Paul, for creating a piece of art that we can carry in our hearts forever.

steve sig

This entry was posted in Portraits. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to In God’s Hands by Paul C. Ross

1. Paul Ross says:

It was my absolute pleasure to do this for you guys, Steve. Love ya!

2. John says:

What a wonderful gift he has given you and Jonna.

Thanks, John. I can’t tell you how touched we both were to see this. Paul is the friend I would run down to visit in Los Alamos. However, he and Fran have just recently moved down to Orange county. Hoping to see even more of them!

4. Charlene Engebrethson says:

So sorry for your loss. I remember when we lost our beautiful Golden ‘coto’ named after where we lived in SoCal . Doug doesn’t do Facebook but he snoops on my feed. He remembers your mutual neighbor. We’re coming to SoCal 3/12-3/20 just bumming around. Would love to reconnect. Would love to meet Jonna. Let us know. 😃

Charlene Sent from my iPad

Wow Charlene! We’d LOVE to see you both. It’s been way too long! We’re in Escondido, about 30 miles northeast of San Diego. Just a few miles from the San Diego Safari Park, which is part of the SD Zoo organization, and a great destination in itself. Let’s figure out how to do this…

5. Helen Cooper says:

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for sharing your friend’s beautiful and amazing artwork. I love the one titled, “In God’s Hands” because it speaks of my belief that all dogs do go to heaven. I sure hope so because if not I just soon go wherever my dog goes. If you have ever read “Rainbow Bridge” it too speaks of our friends waiting for us at the entrance of the bridge where we can walk across and be together for eternity. It’s the only thing that helps me when I worry about my best friend leaving me someday.

As for the exquisite drawing of the hyacinth macaws, all I can say is WOW! He has captured these beautiful birds as well as if he had photographed them. Truly a talented artist, isn’t he? Thank you again for giving us a glimpse into this man’s talent. I wonder if you ever thought as children both your lives would be in art? You are both very lucky to have such wonderful talent and as always, thank you for sharing part of your world with us.

Respectfully,

Helen Cooper

Daytona Beach, FL

Thanks, Helen. This was a wonderful gift from Paul, who passed over that bridge himself late last year. He was a marvelous artist and a great lover of all creatures, but most especially dogs, some of whom were certainly waiting for him when hear, too, crossed over.

Thanks so much, Helen! I’ll make sure Paul sees this. He is an amazing talent.

7. P. Kemp says:

I will miss Paul and his tasteful sense of humor. I wish I could have shared lunch with him but, that was not possible. You are remembered, ‘Dr. Chuckles’.