RIP Leo

Leo passed gently last night.  He waited for both Jonna and I to return from our respective out-of-town travels.  He had stopped eating and could no longer stand.  We had moved an airbed down to the living room, so we could spend the night with him, but around 11:30, he stopped breathing and was gone.

For 30 pounds of fluff, he could certainly fill the house with love.  Leo will be sorely missed.

Leo and Jonna - 700x72Leo by the bench-09-15-13leo at the door-700Leo on bed - destatureatedLeo and Steve-700

steve sig

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to RIP Leo

1. Ruth Kuroda says:

Love these photos of dear Leo. He was lucky to have such loving and caring parents! His smile on the second photo is precious. Love, Ruth

2. Charlene says:

I thought you would like to see this

3. Ann Rosier says:

He was such a joy! And a beautiful dog. You both took such good care of him through the years. Love Ann

4. William E Schroder says:

We mourn his passing on your behalf. No love is more unique than that we share with these companions in our daily lives. Sending many tender thoughts- B&Elias

5. Dee says:

poor sweetheart, I am so sorry to hear it. the pictures you shared really show how special he was RIP, Leo.

Thanks all for the support and comfort! It means so much.

We’re now back from our vet after delivering Leo and dealing with all the “real life” necessities that have to happen the next day when a beloved pet passes on from your home in the middle of the night.

Gave us a chance to say goodbye again…and that was good.

p.s. It’s not a new thought, but I’m an absolute believer that rescue animals are just as good at rescuing as they are at being rescued. Not elegantly stated, but you know what I mean… s

7. John says:

Thank you for the great pictures of Leo. I know that this is a great loss for both you and Jonna.

Thank you John! It is a loss. He was a good boy and a real buddy for a long time.

The second photo, the one of Leo in front of the bench smiling broadly, is the one that I will always carry with me in my mind’s eye. It’s really the quintessential Leo.

9. Paul Ross says:

When you think of Leo, you will shed many tears – but they will be tears of joy for how much love was shared between the three of you.

10. Connie Fox says:

Steve, these pictures of your family are touching and filled with such mutual love and admiration. He was such a special little guy….

11. Helen Cooper says:

Oh, no, now I know who the sweet precious dog is in God’s hands. I have been catching up on your posts and started at the last one posted. I’m so very sorry to learn your Leo has passed. My heart hurts for your loss because it has to be a tremendous pain to lose such a love as your dear pet. We can never find in another such a beautiful unconditional love as that given by our dogs. I see by your photos little Leo was only small in stature but huge in heart. He had beautiful soulful eyes and yet in one, I see the sparkle of playfulness. He must have given you and your wife many years of joy and remember the story of Rainbow Bridge…he is waiting for you at the bridge to begin a new life together again. My condolences to you and Joanna.

12. Jonna and Steve, please accept my deepest heartfelt sympathies at the loss of Leo. I know he gave you both immeasurable joy and love.as only our little four-legged children can do. I’m glad you were with him in his last moments. He knew you were there as he crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. All our dogs are rescues. I have a sign on the back of my care stating “who rescued who?”
    No one could have loved Leo more and he knew it by the love you showered upon him. My heart goes out to both of you! Love, Judith

Thanks so much Judith! Much appreciated!