Think very good thoughts

Anyone who’s spent any time with us here in Escondido (or our last three years in La Jolla) knows and loves our little dog, Leo.  You’d be hard pressed to find a sweeter dog.

Leo is fighting for his life tonight in an emergency animal hospital in San Diego, battling a trio of diseases.

Please think very good thoughts.  We are.

We’ll know more tomorrow.

Leo-09-15-13

This entry was posted in Portraits. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Think very good thoughts

1. Pat Accorinti says:

Keeping Leo, you and Jonna in my thoughts. Hoping for a good outcome.

2. Oh My God he looked so good a few weeks ago! Know that I am sending up prayers like crazy, please keep us updated. I’m also sending you guys a lot of love!
    Love, Kandra

Thanks Kandra…the weird thing is that he still looks fine. But he’s fighting astronomically high diabetes numbers, Cushing’s disease, and pancreatitis, all at the same time, and it’s the acute diabetes glucose levels that are posing the real danger right now… Again, we hope to know more tomorrow.

3. Lauren says:

So sorry Steve and Jonna. Praying for Leo! ~Hugs

4. Barbara M. says:

As Pat said above:
    Keeping Leo, you and Jonna in my thoughts. Hoping for a good outcome.
    Our fur babies just tear out our hearts sometimes.

5. Jayne furman says:

. These all seem like pretty serious conditions. I’m sending prayers for full recovery. Come on Leo…xxoo.

6. Bonnie says:

Hi Steve…we are thinking about you, Jonna and Leo. I know how difficult this is. Sending heartfelt thoughts and prayers to all of you…

7. Marcie Stone says:

Just saw this on Facebook. Sending you lots of love. We will be keeping Leo in our thoughts.
    Marcie and Greg

8. Ruth Kuroda says:

Oh sweet Leo indeed. My thoughts go out to you both and to Leo. Sending loving waves your way.

Big Hugs, Ruth

9. I love Leo too! My heart and prayers are with all three of you! Please keep us posted. Love, Judith

Thanks Judith!! We’re much more optimistic today than yesterday. Sending love and good wishes right back at ya!

• You couldn’t have given me better news Steve! As you know I recently went through the same experience with Luke so my heart knows the pain it causes when our little four legged children have health problems. I’m keeping the candle lit, little Leo! xo

10. William Schroder says:

Leo’s actual home is not in San Diego, but in your hearts. Nothing will take him away there, no matter what happens. So he is safe and treasured, which is all any of us can hope for. Love, Bill

11. Carol Silrum says:

Hoping for the best outcome for your dog Leo. There are some good vets in our area so hope you got one. Keep us posted.

12. Elise Jemmott says:

Leo is lucky that he’s owned by such wonderful people. Those are rough diseases, but nothing that can’t be turned around if they cooperate. I’m sure you are doing everything you can. If I can help in any way, let me know. I’m sending the best of thoughts your way.

Your wonderful, Elise! Thanks so much. We’re ALL in a much better place today than yesterday. This came almost out of nowhere (we’ve known about the relatively low-level Cushing’s for a while). But he got some sort of bacterial infection, which apparently lowered his resistance and all of a sudden, we were looking at a VERY sick dog with astronomical blood glucose numbers, pancreatitis and the Cushing’s. I do feel like he’s in very good hands. Thanks again for your concern.
      We’re thinking REALLY positive thoughts about you finding Hallie Berry.

13. Rob Fitzgerrell says:

Glad Leo is at home with you and Jonna. The Bob Cat and I are thinking positive thoughts and Leo is in our prayers. Our four legged friends are such a blessing, it is a privilege to have them in our lives.

14. John says:

Hi Steve

Thanks for this information about Leo. I didn’t turn on my Internet computer yesterday, so I missed this information until Jonna called me.

I hope that the veterinarians can help Leo.

John

Thanks John! He’s doing so much better. It really is pretty amazing, how quickly he became deathly ill, and how quickly he recovered. The vet is still dialing the proper insulin dosage, but he really seems completely back to his old self. Hope all is good for you. It was wonderful to see you. Love – steve

15. Tami Morrison says:

Hi Steve, it all seems so overwhelming right now. I had a diabetic cat that was diagnosed at 9 years old, he lived another 10 years! He also had pancreatitis, low thyroid, and chronic renal failure. Learn how to test his sugar yourselves. That is the best way to guarantee he will have a healthy chance, and may also save his life one day. If you need information, or want to talk about experiences, please feel free to message me through Facebook. Check the link on my webpage about single vs. twice a day dosing. http://moasi.com/sidbid_frame.htm Love the photos you took of my jewlery at the MCWC. – Tami

Thanks Tami! He’s doing okay and we’re handling giving him his shots. the vet hasn’t started us yet o testing sugars, but we will. Right now, we’re doing twice a day dosing.

Thanks, too, for the comments about your photos. I love your work!! Hope all is going well for you. steve

16. Steve, just checking in again regarding Leo’s progress. I had a similar situation with my Phoebe where for two years I injected her every 12 hours with insulin. My heart is with all three of you! xo