‘Jewelry Photography’ Class at SD Continuing Ed starts tomorrow!!

Bronze pendant by Vanessa Raffi Backer. Jewelry Photography by Steve Rossman.

Bronze pendant by Vanessa Raffi Backer http://www.vanessabacker.com

It’s almost here!  My San Diego Continuing Education class on Jewelry Photography starts tomorrow, Saturday, May 14!  This series of 3 sessions from 9 am – 12 noon continues on Saturday, May 21st and 28th.

With 3 hours of instruction per class, we’ll have plenty of time to go through camera basics, studio set-ups and lighting, and a basic beginning for digital photo-editing.   And we’ll shoot some jewelry pieces, too.

The classes will be held at the West City Center Campus of SDCE, 3249 Fordham Street, San Diego, CA, 92110.  We’ll be in Room 210, the same room where Deb Jemmott teaches metalsmithing.  For those unfamiliar with SDCE procedures, there’s no pre-registration.  It’s first come, first served.  Just show up the first morningThe fee is $26, with a $5 materials fee.

I’m excited.  My aim is to help jewelry artists do a better job of shooting their work.  I hope to see some of you there!

This entry was posted in Information, Teaching & Techniques. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to ‘Jewelry Photography’ Class at SD Continuing Ed starts tomorrow!!

1. Hi Steve,
    I’m so unhappy I don’t live down there so I can take your class! Will you ever offer this class on line? If so I want to sign up to take it on line, just think about it ok.

How about I figure out a way to come up there with Jonna. Would be fun!

3. Judith E. Moore says:

Fabulous class today, Steve. You’re the man!!!! You held everyone’s attention with all the incredible information you transmitted to all our students! Your intellect, charm and sense of humor will keep them coming back! Thanks for the great learning experience! I’m already looking forward to next Saturday! Judith

4. Judith E. Moore says:

Oops, correction, please. “you transmitted to all “your” students!

They were our students! Thanks for all your help! See you next week.

6. Cheri says:

I need this workshop on Long Island or NYC. ….Any body like you here????

So sorry. I don’t know anyone in New York. I do travel for full day workshops (just taught a session for the Metal Arts Society of Southern California last weekend). If you can gather a group together, it can be quite reasonable. Please contact me at steve.rossman@gmail.com, if you’d like to discuss further or see pricing.